Are you passionate about supporting children, families and schools? Do you love working with a team of fun and innovative occupational therapists? If you enjoy providing services in the community rather than in a clinic, this is the role for you!
Empowered Kids is a growing team of mobile paediatric occupational therapists providing services in the beautiful Northern NSW and Gold Coast region, and we’re looking for another amazing therapist to join us!
We work closely with families, schools and other health professionals to support and empower children to reach their full potential. We believe that working together as a team sets a strong platform for a child’s success.
We encourage all our therapists to pursue their area of interest within the paediatric occupational therapy field, and foster personal and professional growth within our highly valued team.
As part of this role, we offer:
- Full time position (part time may be considered for the right applicant)
- Highly supportive workplace environment
- Attractive professional development allowance
- All equipment provided including phone, laptop and iPad
- Secure salary – above award wages (including leave and super)
- All travel costs paid in addition to salary
- Comprehensive administrative support
- Online practice management system for efficient real-time access to file notes and documentation
- An opportunity to work with a close knit and supportive team that is like no other, in a beautiful region!
- Bachelor or Masters Degree in Occupational Therapy
- Current AHPRA registration
- Experience as a paediatric OT (ideally 3-5 years in a similar role – not suitable for new graduates)
- Strong skills working with children experiencing challenges in the following areas:
- Autism Spectrum
- Behavioural and social challenges
- Learning and handwriting difficulties
- Sensory processing differences
- Developmental delay
- School readiness
- Current driver’s licence and own vehicle
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to build rapport easily with both children, parents, teachers and health professionals
- Commitment to building genuine long term professional relationships with clients and colleagues
- A fun, playful approach to working with children
- A flexible nature with a growth mindset
- A fun and positive outlook on life is a must!
Our office is located in Tweed Heads, minutes from Coolangatta beach! This is your opportunity to join a close knit team of paediatric occupational therapists who work together to provide the highest quality services to our families and schools. If you are passionate, creative, dynamic, and proactive, then we are looking for you – apply now!
Tweed Heads, New South Wales